8.21.2010

JAMMIN '

Blueberry Raspberry Jam

My niece, Cara, has made this jam the past couple of years. After telling me about it, and hearing how delicious is was, I decided to give it a try. Sometimes in the past, when I made jam it turned out runny.  It's very disappointing to have that happen, since 'jamming' is not cheap.  This recipe calls for 5 1/2 cups of sugar, plus one quart each of blueberries, and red raspberries. 

I just finished making it and it turned out just great. After making it, it's then canned in a hot water bath for 10 minutes so that it will keep over the winter months on the pantry shelf, although, it's so delicious, I'm afraid it won't last that long!  The recipe is from our favorite cookbook- Simply In Season.  I've mentioned the book before and most likely will again. The recipes are very down to earth with regular ingredients.  You might be able to check it out at a local library if you want to take a look.





1 comment:

  1. I bet that would taste good on some fresh bread. I think Cara is going to show us how to can tomatoes.We're going to Kristinas aunt's house in AnnArbor and were taking some of those fresh green beans from your garden. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete