11.27.2010

DAY 2 CANDY MAKING

I AM TIRED! I forget how much easier it is to make candy when there are several people working together to do it!  By 2 o'clock this afternoon I was ready for a break, so we went out for a cup of coffee and a bagel. I had the caramels to cover with chocolate when I got home but I am done for the day.  I might make a batch of date balls yet, but it will have to be later this week.

We were craving Thanksgiving leftovers since we were at our son's for the day and we didn't cook at our house...so...NO leftovers! Yesterday, Richard went to the store and bought a small turkey and tomorrow we're having Thanksgiving #2!!  We're really looking forward to it...almost as much as we did on Thursday!

I thought I'd post a few more candy pictures just for fun!
PEANUT BRITTLE...PERFECTLY HONECOMBED!

PEANUT BRITTLE...MY GRANDPA'S RECIPE

ALMOND BON BONS

CHOCOLATE COVERED CHEWY CARAMELS

3 comments:

  1. So delicious!

    Jeni makes Christmas candy some years. Have you compared recipes with her? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss this day after Thanksgiving family tradition - wish I were there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia, I 'll have to talk to Jeni about this! I didn't know she made candy, but I'm not surprised!

    Lamont, I wanted to make candy, but almost as soon as I started, I was feeling so sad that I was doing it by myself! It is just not the same. When you do it by yourself, it just seems like a JOB...not as much fun and much more tiring than when the group is there and we're all laughing and having fun!

    ReplyDelete